Sunday, November 11, 2012

Eleanor the Element


Have I mentioned how much I love the weekend?
I LOVE THE WEEKEND.

After working retail and at a hospital for a few years, I've really come to appreciate having weekends off on a regular basis. I'm privileged to have every single Saturday and Sunday (and holidays, for that matter) off and I'm well aware of this. However, considering my future as a nurse most likely in a hospital is in the very near future, I also know that I need to seriously savor these weekends off. Plus, having the availability to see Husband every weekend also provides sanity during this weird separation. 

So, to sum up my feelings: I LOVE THE WEEKEND.

That being said, this weekend was wonderful because:

1) Husband and I relaxed with pizza and television on Friday AND got to bed before midnight to catch up on much-needed sleep
2) I was very productive with school work all day Saturday with good coffee and baked goods to accompany me: 

...because who doesn't love Panera??

3) WE BOUGHT A NEW (to us) HONDA ELEMENT! WITH AWD! AND SOME OTHER REALLY COOL FEATURES! 

Oh, and I named her Eleanor. Eleanor the Element. Catchy, no? 

Unfortunately, I forgot that I had wanted to take a picture with our newly acquired vehicle until it was dark outside (Hello, end of daylight savings, where it starts to get dark before 5pm). That left us without anything to prove we got the weirdly uniquely shaped car. So, photos and proof of purchase will just have to wait until the next post! 

Who knows when that will be, though, since I'm going to be very busy for the next few days. This week I have two exams and a presentation plus two papers I would love to write and turn in early before Thanksgiving break in a week and a half. I want to fully enjoy my four-day break and not have to worry about anything academic-related hanging over my head! 

Pray for my sanity. 
Seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment