Tuesday, October 2, 2012

When we're together again...

Husband, I know a year from now and beyond when we're back under the same roof we will remember these days of weirdly living apart and be incredibly grateful over and over to be together once again. However, I also know that we will get to the point where we no longer are amazed to just be in each other's presence on a regular basis but instead we'll take our situation for granted and just wish we could have some alone time because the other person is just so darn annoying. We'll drive each other crazy. We'll have arguments…and probably over the stupidest things imaginable - remember the fight over the jeans? Dumb. So dumb. 

So I want us to recall days like today, where the both of us were so crunched for time yet so desperate to see each other even for just a few hours that we did what we did. 

Here's my side of the past 24ish hours:


8am-12pm Ran errands, caught up on emails, got ready for clinical
12-1pm Drove to clinical, parked, got to the hospital via shuttle
1-7pm Clinical (on the floor)
7-7:30pm Drove to observe a class in the community for clinical
7:30-9:30pm Observed the class
9:30-9:35pm The shortest drive ever from the class to where Husband lives
9:35-10:15pm Caught up with Husband, got ready for bed


5:15-6am Woke up, showered, got ready for another day of clinical
6-6:35 Got coffee (aka sanity), drove to clinical, parked, got to the hospital via shuttle
6:45-10:00am Clinical (on the floor)
10:02am Am informed that I have to drive to another city 40 minutes away to observe a procedure scheduled at 1pm at a different hospital 
10:03am-12pm Clinical (on the floor)
12-12:45pm Took shuttle back to the parking lot, drove to the other hospital, arrived early to be prepared
12:45-1:45pm Waited for the procedure to take place (they were running behind)
1:45-2:00pm Observed the procedure
2:00-3:15pm Drove home (another 20 minutes away), unpacked, got changed
3:15-3:45pm Drove to pick up dinner to bring to the med school
3:45-4:25pm Drove back to the med school, parked, paid my weight in change for the parking meter (seriously - a quarter just for 15 minutes??), walked to the med school entrance
4:30pm FINALLY got to see Husband! Gave him dinner, which was apparently a very pleasant surprise for him
4:30-7:00pm Munched on dinner as I read my textbook and Husband caught up on lectures, as evidenced by the below photo:

7:00-7:55pm Fell asleep while in the middle of reading and napped for nearly an hour - about 10 minutes into my slumber, Husband repositioned me and gave me his noise-canceling headphones that filled my ears with flutey, classical, most-definitely-sleep-inducing music 
7:55-8:00pm Husband walked me back to my car, where we said our goodbyes
8:45pm Arrived back at the apartment

I miss you, Husband. 
I can't wait to have you drive me nuts while I drive you bonkers as we live together once again.


  1. Aww, cute post. And totally get it. Gilbert and I saw each other for no longer than 60 sec periods for a stretch of 5 days last week... and we do live in the same home. Crazy mixed up schedules of students/nurses/doctors/cops :) Glad we get each other and glad we know it can work as long as it needs to.